Female student standing in science classroom

Dual Enrollment

The Dual Enrollment program at allowsyouto enroll in up to 10 college classes throughoutyourhigh school career.Successful completion of a college course grantsyoucollege creditas well as satisfies one ofyourhigh school graduation requirements, either a core requirement or an elective requirement, depending on the college course taken.Always refer to your high school counselor for specifics about course requirements.

Apply NowStudents applying for Dual Enrollment at are encouraged to follow the Dual Enrollment Guide to simplify the application process.


Learn the basics of 's Dual Enrollment program including eligibility, class selection, schedule and costs.

Dual Enrollment handbook (PDF)View a downloadable version of the Dual Enrollment Handbook.

Dual Enrollment ScholarshipLearn more and apply for theF Dual Enrollment Book Scholarship.

Academic expectations

Review the academic standards and procedures for each student, including all dual enrolled high school students.


Review the policies and procedures to either drop or withdraw from a Dual Enrolled course.

campus resources

View contact information specifically chosen to help you navigate your dual enrollment experience at .

Dual Enrollment Authorization

The Dual Enrollment Authorization form serves as a contract betweenyouandyourparents,yourhigh school and . will register you based onlyoff ofapproved forms. Please completethe formwith the specific class sections you wish to be registered for. After you sign this onlineform,it willbeautomatically emailed to your high school counselor for approval.  A class must be on the signed authorization form if you wish to register for it. If you would like to make changes to your classregistration,please complete an entirely new form.


Signing the Dual Enrollment authorization form grants permission for the Student Services Office to share grades, attendance, and account information withyourhigh school and parents. Parents need toprovideyour name, Student ID number or birthdate, and the last four digits ofyoursocial security number to gain access to this information. instructors are onlypermittedto discuss academic information withyou. Parents may not contact instructors requesting information aboutyourperformance inclass.

Continuing at after High School Graduation

If you would like to attend classes as a traditional student after high school graduation, you do not need to re-apply. You simply need to fill out a Electronic Change of Program Form in My Montcalm. Visit. SelectHandouts-Formsfrom the gray box on the left and thenChange of Program.Contact the Student Services Department at (989) 328-1277 orstudentservices@montcalm.eduto assist with this transition.

Transferring to Another Institution

If you wish to transfer your credits to another college or university, you will need to request an official copy of your transcript be sent to that institution at montcalm.edu/transcripts.

The key to a successful transfer is to know where you will transfer, your degree goal, and what that college suggests you take at . Please work directly with the future institution to make sure the classes you take through Dual Enrollment not only transfer, but are also helpful toward your long-term goal.

Student Services Department